- 1 – 6” Double Layered Cake, crumb coated, on 6” cake board.
- 1 – 8” Double Layered Cake, crumb coated, on 8” cake board.
- 1 – 10” Double Layered Cake, crumb coated.
- 8 – Dowel Rods
- 2 – 5lb Tub of Celebakes® White Fondant
- Celebakes® Gel Color of Choice
- Pictured: Celebakes Sky Blue, Royal Blue, and Super Black Food Color Gel
- 2 – 14oz Tub of Celebakes® White Buttercream Icing
- 1 – 14oz Tube of Celebakes® Burgundy Buttercream Icing
- Celebakes® Imperial Dust of Choice
- Pictured: Gold
- 1 – 8oz bottle of Celebakes® Confectioners Glaze Thinner
- 1 – 1lb Bag of Celebakes Bright White Melting Wafers
- Heavy Cream
- 14” Gold Round Cake Drum
- Silicone Mat
- Rolling Pin
- Fondant Smoother
- Paring Knife
- Ball Tool
- Tipless Bags
- Squeeze Bottle
- Angled Spatula
- Paint Tray
- Start with your 10” double layered cake. Place on Gold Round Cake Drum.
- Roll out the Celebakes® White Fondant onto a silicone mat, and then drape fondant over the 10” cake.
- Using the fondant smoother, even out the white fondant.
- Next, cut off any excess fondant using a paring knife.
- Cut your dowels to the height of your tier. Make sure to place them at least ¼” inside your next stacked cake, so they are not visible. Evenly space dowels and then insert them into your cake, making sure to push them straight down.
- To begin decorating the bottom tier, divide one tub of White Buttercream Icing into two bowls.
- Color each bowl a different shade using your choice of Celebakes® Gel Colors.
- Place the colored buttercreams into their own piping bags along with one piping bag of plain white and another for the burgundy buttercream. Cut off tips.
- Starting at the bottom edge, begin piping lines upwards in various lengths, sizes, and colors around the entire cake.
- Use an angled spatula to drag the buttercream upwards to create the “brushstrokes”.
- For added texture, mix together the Imperial Dust and Confectioners Glaze Thinner in a paint tray and lightly brush on accents of dust onto the brushstrokes.
- Next, repeat steps 2-5 with your 8” double layered cake.
- Once complete, center your 8” cake on top of your 10”cake.
- For the textured metal look, use the ball tool to create indents around your middle layered cake.
- Using the Imperial Dust mixture from the bottom tier, paint the whole second tier. You may need to do more than one coat.
- While the second tier is drying begin preparing the 6” double layered cake by repeating steps 2-4.
- Once the Imperial Dust mixture from your middle cake is dry, stack your third tier onto the second.
- Next, pour 3oz of Celebakes® Bright White Melting Wafers and 1oz of heavy cream into a microwave safe dish. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until the ganache is smooth and completely melted. Pour the ganache into a squeeze bottle.
- Place the tip of the bottle just a couple of centimeters above the top edge of the cake and gently squeeze the bottle to release the ganache. Release the pressure on the bottle when you’ve added enough of the drip. Move onto the next drip with just enough pressure to fill the gaps between drips. Remember: more pressure = longer drips!
- Once you have made it around the whole cake begin filling the center. You can either continue using your squeeze bottle or pour the ganache into the center of your cake. Use your spatula to spread the chocolate ganache evenly and to remove any air bubbles.
- To finish off the top tier, carefully paint the chocolate drip with the Imperial mixture you made for the other two tiers.