Galaxy Meringue Cookies
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Boiling Water
- 1/3 Cup Meringue Powder (Product #76-1501)
- 1 tsp Flavoring (we used Celebakes Vanilla) (Product #7500-42100)
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Piping Bag (Product #31-78)
- Round Decorating Tip (Product #32-786)
- 2 Baking Trays lined with Silicon Mat or Parchment (Product #31-1200)
- Celebakes Royal Blue Food Color Gel (Product #7500-69504)
- Celebakes Purple Food Color Gel (Product #7500-69517)
- Celebakes Neon Blue Food Color Gel (Product #7500-69508)
- Celebakes Super Black Food Color Gel (Product #7500-69523)
- Paint Brushes (Product #81-900)
- Edible Silver Stars (Product #78-630SS)
- Pre-heat oven to 225F.
- Following the directions on the back of the Meringue Powder bag, make a batch of the meringue cookie recipe. Make sure to beat to just stiff peaks.
- While your meringue is whipping up, you can begin the process needed to achieve the galaxy look. Start off by fitting your piping bag with the large round decorating tip.
- Once the tip is in the bag, use the 4 food color gels and brushes to paint the inside of the bag. Make sure to cover the majority of the bag all the way down to where the decorating tip is—this will give you the best galaxy look.
- Once your meringue has reached stiff peaks and your bag is all ready to go, you can fill the piping bag with the white meringue.
- Apply steady pressure to the bag and make dollops of the meringue onto your prepared baking sheets. Repeat this process until all meringue is piped.
- Sprinkle on Edible Silver Stars to give the meringues an even better galaxy look.
- Bake the meringues in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes—the meringues should be able to be easily lifted off the pan and the bottoms should be dry. Make sure to cool the meringues completely before removing from the pan.
- Ensure that the meringue gets to stiff peaks when mixing! This will help to achieve a super crisp cookie once baked.
- Using disposable pastry bags and brushes helps make cleanup super easy.
- Placing the pastry bag into a cup and folding the sides over the edge of the cup allows painting the inside super easy!
- Use any Celebakes Food Color gels to create a different look. Use red, orange, yellow and pink to create more of a sunset look.